Friday, August 31, 2007

Kids say the darndest things!

So today, Kenna (age 3) and I are sitting at the table eating a snack and she looks right up at me and says, "Mom, I don't WANT to go to heaven - do you?" I'm taken aback and wonder where in the world this thought came from and why a place we always talk about as being great is not a place that SHE wants to go to. As I'm puzzling, Kenna goes on to say, "Cause I don't want to give away ALL MY MONEY!" Huh? "In our family we REALLY like MONEY!" I am thinking - what???
Then I figure it out - several weeks ago we read about the rich young man in the New Testament and we are currently listening to "Double Fudge" by Judy Bloom and the main character Fudge is obsessed with money. So I try to explain to her that sharing with others is a good thing, that we want to go to heaven, and we can still keep some of our money. The mind of a 3 year-old.

No comments: