Six months ago, Kenna found out that the Broadway play Mary Poppins would be coming this October. She decided then and there that she was going to see it. How could we tell her no? Since Cade is still nursing, we thought this would be a great opportunity for Kenna to spend some time with her daddy - she did tell me it was NOT a "date". I found great tickets on Craig's List (2nd row center orchestra!) and sent them on their way. They enjoyed a Outback Steakhouse dinner and then hit the theater all ready to settle into their seats. Well, a sweet older couple with season tickets was seated in the first row and offered their seats to Kenna and Dad. Despite Kenna's shyness, Mike made sure they took advantage of the offer and Kenna loved it. She was on the edge of her seat during the whole show. She has now ranked her big theater outings in this order: 1. Mary Poppins, 2. Wizard of Oz, 3. Nutcracker - funny how the rankings directly correlate to the seat locations. We're hoping this doesn't spoil her for good - time will tell.
5 comments:
Mary Poppins is coming here in February and I would love to go and see it. I never even thought of looking for tickets at craig's list. You sure have a beautiful daughter and handsome hubby(if I'm allowed to say that:))
Such a great (non) date! Good daddy, that Mike.
That's so sweet a daddy/daughter date! We took Jacob and Alexa a few weeks ago and loved it!
What a cute picture! Oh, Maili would have LOVED that. She has loved Mary Poppins since she was 2. Brian just recently went to NYC and brought her back a "real" Mary Poppins black umbrells with the green bird head or whatever it is. Waht a fun outing for Kenna!
How fun!! I've never thought of looking for performing arts tickets on Craig's List; we'll have to try that! Mike and Kenna look beautiful, and what great seats. I'm glad she had fun!
Post a Comment