Sunday, December 2, 2007

My girl's trip adventure

Yikes - it has been so long since I posted. It's easy to fall behind. So in early November I went on a very fun girls get away with a few friends. We flew into Vegas - rode the roller coaster, caught a Cirque de Soleil show, and then drove to St. George to stay for a few days. We had lots of fun catching up, laughter, crafts, food, etc.

Vegas!

Well, as a part of our trip - we decided to go on a repelling/rock climbing adventure. All was going well and we were having a great time. I had done two repels and was beginning my third - you have to lean back very far to clear the top of the rock and I was doing that when all of the sudden my center of gravity shifted just a bit and in order to correct I couldn't help but side step. Unfortunately, my foot slipped off the edge, flipping me over - shoulder and then head-first into a rounded crevis in the rock. I hit my head with a thud and all I could think is, "PLEASE, don't let this be bad!" Because I was stuck upside down - the guide came down and fished me out and once I flipped over - it was blood everywhere! YUCK! I definitely left my mark. I had to lie down, answer questions, have gauze wrapped all around my head - definitely looking and feeling good. Turns out I had a two inch cut on my scalp. It wasn't all that deep but oozed for a few days and got a bit infected. But now all is well - I just have 2 inch bald line on my scalp - I am hoping that will grow back. For now I am doing the comb over.

No pics of me but a few of friends to help you visualize the adventure experience

Just a little more adventure than I was looking for - I guess maybe repelling is not my thing. But I am grateful because, really, it could have been a lot worse.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Mimi! I had no idea that this happened. I am sure you're alright now, but I am so sorry about it all.

We're excited to see the comb over though!

Tanya said...

Why didn't I even see this post until now. Well, glad you are still alive! I'm sure with all the fun you had, the injury was worth it?