Friday, August 28, 2009

K Cash


Yes, you are looking at the current currency of choice in this household. This summer we spent way too many hours in front of the TV, shirking from chores, which left mom feeling not very in control. In an effort to create a little order, we developed "K" cash. Both Kenna and Max receive $3 if they make their bed, straighten their room, get dressed, and brush their teeth before school. Money is also awarded for other chores, reading books, special acts of kindness, and such. The cash buys them TV and computer time, special outings, stay-up-late minutes, skipping chores, and even sometimes purchases from stores. It isn't a perfect system, but it has been working quite well and I'm happy to report that expectations are now clear, things are getting done a little more often, and the TV is on much less. Hurray for all of us!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I so need to try this! I bet they love seeing their faces on the money! Such a cute idea!

The Egglestons said...

I read this idea in a magazine recently and liked it too. Was is Family Fun or Ensign? Does is work for Brett? I am wondering if G is too young.

Ryan and Lisa said...

What a cute idea!