Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trick or Treat? A Treat for Us!

Ah, Mexico - what a splendid place! This year, we decided to forgo the traditional trick-or-treating and headed down to Puerto Vallerta for Halloween (thanks to my mom and dad). We stayed in the most beautiful home and spent our time enjoying the company, the weather, water, and scenery. There are too many pictures but I love the memories they bring back and just had to include them.
It was a week of no make-up, swimsuits and diapers, beach, sand everywhere, pool, boogie boarding, zip lines, swimming with dolphins, releasing baby turtles, a deserted Mexican waterpark, authentic food, Rumikub, baby signing time, a baby who wouldn't sleep, hammocks, reading, sunsets, dia de los muertos bread, and family.
The kids loved getting to know their cousin Colton better and I loved the slow pace that allowed for great visiting with my parents, Jon, Catherine, and our little brood.
I love seeing men with babies - does my heart good!
I never heard one complaint about missing trick or treating - so it was obviously a good trip. I don't know that we'll have this opportunity again but if invited we will go! Thanks for the fun!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You beat me! But it only helped me to get it posted on my blog. Thanks for journaling our trip so that I could copy :) It was so fabulous! I think you had just the right amount of pictures. And I want that one of Mom playing Rumikub. Add it to MobileMe!!