Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A visit from Grandma and Grandpa


Early in November, BOTH of my parents came to visit!!!  It had been almost 2 years since they had made it to our house in TX and we were EXCITED!  My mom came in on Tuesday and we watched election day results, shopped for kids Christmas presents, and just enjoyed the great weather.  My dad came in a few days later and we all headed to the Zoo (sans Max - too bad for real school :( )

The kids LOVED the petting zoo (I'm ok with it as long as we have access to some hand sanitizer afterwards!)  Brett walked around brushing goat after goat - he got so into it, he even attempted to use the brush on his own hair and on some random little girl.  Yes, I did intervene.  Kenna, my wonderful little girl who almost always refuses to let me take her picture, kept jumping on things and saying "Mom, take my picture" - how could I no?  So happy kids, great weather, and great company.

The rest of the weekend consisted of soccer games, the kids' primary program, movies, and just playing.  Thanks for joining us Grandma and Grandpa - we love being with you! 

1 comment:

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

Ahhh, what an awesome family you have. The kids are just little darlings! And I love getting to see your parents. It takes me back to the Batesville days. Love to you and yours....