The other day, Max comes to me and says, "Mom, I need some new shoes." This was news to be but sure enough, after we checked out his old ones, it was apparent that new shoes would not be a bad idea. Then he says, "I want the Kobe shoes." Hmm...Kobe is now making shoes? And how much do they cost? But for days, those shoes were all that kid could talk about and of course he pulled the card about everybody (popular) having Air Jordans or something like that. So finally we reached an agreement - I was willing to spend what a normal pair of tennis shoes would cost but he would have to use his own money to pay the difference. Of couse I sent him to the outlet first and then checked out several other places that may have good deals, but no Kobe shoes and no Air Jordans that he liked were to be found. So to Foot Locker we went and there they were! Really I tried to talk him into something else but he was determined and I couldn't help but think back to the days when I had to have very expensive colored acid washed jeans (of course paid with by my babysitting $). So we bought them with our combined moneys. And happy he was! For the first few days, he kept them in a special box when they weren't on his feet and wanted to keep them perfect. They are still prized, but we understand now they may get a bit scuffed and worn. So Kobe, rest assured, my Lakers fan is proudly supporting your empire.
1 comment:
Those shoes are classic! They will be remembered forever.
Post a Comment