Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Columbus Day

With everyone home (except Mike), I loaded up the car and headed to the downtown aquarium.  Even though I have managed 4 kids for a while, outings like this can still be an experience.  We enjoyed checking out the fish, the white tigers, and snacking on hot dogs and nachos.  When we attempted the Ferris wheel however, all Cade wanted to do was jump out over the side - lots of screaming and restraining.   The train ride and merry-go-round were fine but then there was the jerky up and down ride that Brett HAD to go on but was NOT tall enough to go on.  It was meltdown city.  Why I attempted the gift shop after that I'll never know. Overpriced stuff and indecision but a resolve to get something - never a good situation.  Hopefully the kids will realize that I did try and we'll all remember the highlights of this adventurous day together.

No comments: