This elementary school wizened up and had field day in March this year - it was wonderful! No melting. Kenna and her friend Teah had a grand time. They ran from one event to the other. I was amazed at Kenna's energy! She didn't shy away from footballs, golf, running races, or any of it. But put her all into each event and pretty much rocked it.
I loved watching her give hugs to her friends and was overcome with nostalgia as she and Teah ecstatically performed their clapping routine. (Theirs was new to me - I had no idea my girl knew any of these. That was once me, happily reciting rhymes on the playground, trying not to miss a beat. Some things don't change with time). The water game had the same pull as always and Kenna didn't shirk from getting wet - in fact she made sure the water was POURED on her head. I love seeing Kenna in this setting!
Brett came along for the fun too and found fun of his own. He had no desire to leave his playground - maybe he will like this place next year.
1 comment:
I love your Kenna. She is seriously so cool. Can I please hang out with her? And that's great news about Brett! I'm glad he at least likes their playground :)
Post a Comment