Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rodeo cowboys

It's Rodeo time! 
We made it home from Utah just in time to hit the last weekend of the rodeo.  We did our family rides and then split the big kids and little kids. Due to my queasy stomach on big rides, I got to spend a few hours with my two little guys.  We went on a mini roller-coaster, a few cars, and Cade even won a basketball at the basketball toss - of course.  When one kid asked why Cade got to stand closer, I said, "Well, he's 2. How old are you?"  He mumbled 12 and quickly stopped his griping.  Then it was on to pig races - we especially loved seeing the swimming pig this year.
Hitting the farm is always one of our favorite activities.  This year the tractor trade-off went off much more smoothly without even one tear - thank heavens!  The boys absolutely LOVED the petting zoo.  Cade discovered a stack of hay and went back and forth happily feeding the goats.  They pet chickens, deer, llamas, sheep, and even a little pig.  If we hadn't gotten a phone call informing us that they big kids blew all their tickets on games and were done, we could have stayed there forever.
We hit the merry-go-round on the way out and tried to book it across all the festivities to the parking area - no easy task.  The boys were crying for slushies so I grabbed those, donated our leftover tickets to a family standing nearby (I ended up knowing them), attempted to run through the crowds with the stroller, Cade spilled his slush and stripped off his shoes and wet clothes, he then hopped out of the stroller in only a diaper to dribble his basketball, Brett jumped in the stroller, we were sweating and struggling against the crowd going the other way, and FINALLY arrived at our car.  It was fun but I'm hoping for a less hurried exit next time around.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

The rodeo always sounds like a blast. Maybe not the spilled slushy part, but the rest of it sounds like a good time. I love that Cade won the basketball tournament. Of course he did. Those 12 year olds have no chance next to your boy.