Thursday, September 11, 2008
Hurricane Ike craziness
Well, it looks like Hurricane Ike is headed our way. With the huge cone they have been predicting all week - it was almost impossible to figure where it might be landing on the TX coast. But alas, it is starting to look all too close. So while we are still deciding whether to evacuate or hunker down, I thought I would at least take our cars to fill up with gas and grab a few extra snacks, waters, and flashlight bulbs at Walmart. CRAZINESS! You would think by now I would be used to this (and I kind of am) but I thought I was getting a head start on things by going out tonight. Still, I waited 1/2 hr. for gas and was not even close to being alone at the store as I grabbed supplies to weather the storm (stores are already almost out of water, batteries, and flashlights). I cannot even imagine what tomorrow will be like - glad I am stocked. So the big question still remains - will I stay or will I go - we'll just have to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
reminds me of people freaking out in DC when there was a threat of snowflakes. except this storm has acutal merit...;)
nice to be prepared, eh?
mimi!'m the worst sister in law! happy belated birthday! does it count more considering the fact that its taking me forever to write this with my sleeping scotty in my arms? i hope you all are safe and well. we love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment