Every year at church the kid's organization (Primary) buts on a program for the whole congregation. Well, the Primary Program is quickly approaching and as parents, we are to help our children practice their parts. This is Kenna's first program so I sat down with her to go over her part.
M: Kenna, you are going to say, "As families we are sealed forever in the temple". Can you say that?
Kenna: NoM: Well, why don't you try - you need to practice so you'll be able to say it in front of everyone. I bet you can say it, "As families we are sealed forever in the temple".
Kenna: I don't want to. (stops and thinks) What if I don't bemember it when I am front of everyone?
Me: I am sure someone can help you but let's practice it now so you'll know it. (Again I say the line)
Kenna: "As families we are not sealed forever in the temple"
Me: What??
Kenna: "As families we are NOT sealed forever in the temple" - that's what I'm going to say to everyone!
Me: Kenna - don't say that - it's not right.
For the rest of the night over and over again I continued to hear, "As families we are NOT sealed forever in the temple"! We'll see how the program actually turns out. But really this is how Kenna is about most things - she is just not going to do it your way. Can't wait until those teenage years.... I'm in for it.
7 comments:
Oh crazy Kenna. She'll definitely add some spice to the program. I can't wait to hear how it goes.
I think it will make for a good laugh someday.
she is definitely the cutest. she deserves to have my eyes. :)
Well- just so you know- she did awesonme today in Primary and she said her part just right after me repeating it to her!! Go Kenna!! That is a funny story though- you do have it in for you later on in those teenage years!! But with such a cute face, you can only give in:)
hey mimi,
i think you were asking me last year about my friend marta's mini diaries. anyway, in case you were interested, she's selling them again for a limited time. you can check her blog out through my blog. good luck!
You've got to sneak a video camera in for that primary program. I bet she will actually say it perfect. My Lauren does the same thing to me just to get my goat.
I've never met her, but that is pretty darn funny! I had a little lol moment. :)
Post a Comment