This Thanksgiving, we returned to San Antonio for a fun hotel/Sea World get-away. Knowing we weren't leaving until Wednesday afternoon, I had set aside the morning to get everything packed and ready. What I didn't know is that I would be waking up with the most horrendous stomach bug (Mike had it Monday, Max on Tuesday). I spent a good portion of the day in bed or bending over that awful porcelain receptacle. Finally, when I knew it was really time to go, I pulled myself out of bed and literally crawled around as I tried to pack up everyone's bags, snacks, and more. Miserable! We finally got everyone in the car and set off - me with several plastic bags in tow. The bags were put to good use and we had to pull over several times but we finally made it to our resort and they seemed happy to see us despite our disheveled appearance. The resort was fabulous, we walked around the pool, lazy river, and checked out the late night smore roasting. The kids were MORE than excited so while Cade and I retired for the night, Mike and his mom took the others swimming. All was good until they were heading back to the room - Brett tripped on a towel and split open his chin. Needless to say, Mike and he spent a good portion of the night in the ER and there would be no more swimming for Brett this trip.
The next morning I was feeling better, Brett seemed to be fine and everyone else swore to feeling fine too. So we headed to Cracker Barrel - our favorite place for breakfast and then were off to Sea World. We rode the smaller coasters, hit the water ride, explored the playground, and saw some very fun shows.
(Kenna as the Shamu show is starting)
Mike ran back to the hotel with Cade and Grandy while I took the kids to the big Shamu show. Before the show, Kenna was happy and lively, insisting that we sit in the splash zone where we did get soaked. After the show, Brett's constant insistence ensured a stop at the snack stand to get drinks. I ordered some things for the boys and turned to ask Kenna what she wanted when she erupted. EVERYWHERE!!! The girl was dripping in sickness - her hair, eyelashes, clothes, shoes, - completely saturated. Countless wipes later (thank goodness I had some) and switching a clean sweatshirt for her sopping shirt, her appearance was a little better but the girl could barely stand. After a desperate call to Mike, I commanded the boys to walk fast and carried Kenna right out of there. Shamu, we will always remember you.
(Life back at the hotel)
The rest of the evening was spent tending to the sick; running to the laundry, cleaning bathrooms, changing sheets, and trying to provide comfort. Max, Grandy, and I managed to hit a late buffet around 8pm but a real Thanksgiving dinner never quite happened. It's been a crazy 24-hours. I'm just grateful I am still standing!
No comments:
Post a Comment