Sunday, May 10, 2009

Field Day


Last Friday Kenna, Brett, and I attended Max's Field Day. All of the 2nd graders were divided into little groups of 3 and then the kids wandered about the playground taking their pick of about 40 different games/activities. The lack of structure made for a lot of walking -Max and his 2 friends had a tendency to finish one activity and then head off to the event furthest away from where they were. It was fun to see Max and his friends at work and personally - I think just having the freedom to do their own thing was 1/2 the fun. BUT the 90 degree heat, a pregnant mama, 2 unruly little siblings, and a heavy wagon became too much to handle and we headed home a bit early. I'm pretty sure Max was OK with it though - I think the fact that we brought him Coke and a Subway sandwich helped cushion any feelings of disappointment.

No comments: