Today we went on an outing. Brett's little preschool group decided to go to an outdoor presentation of "The Three Little Pigs" so we traveled downtown with our lunches. The show DID disappoint - some modern adaptation with rapping pigs and I don't even know what. But we came prepared and hit the splash pad afterwards. I suited up the boys - sunscreen and all, but unfortunately Brett was not in a get wet mood and Cade just wanted to sleep. So we redressed and headed back to the car. BUT, on our way there, we noticed a sign for the Japanese gardens. It has been a VERY long time since I have been in one of those and I decided we would venture in - especially since it was free. Well, what do you know, Cade decided to nap, Brett loved the fish, ducks, and all the flowing water, and I loved soaking it all in and feeling nostalgic. The smiles came out and the day was saved. Feeling refreshed we ordered Icee drinks and Brett ran around and around chasing birds and even his own shadow. Turns out I had to practically drag him back to the car - that kid did not want to leave. Proves that sometimes a little spontaneity is better than the structured plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment