Tomorrow my beautiful Kenna girl will be 8! Maybe it is the fact that she is getting baptized, but this seems like a milestone birthday and deserving of fun and celebration. Together, Kenna and I decided to have a "not quite sleep-over" party. She was very involved in the planning - made the guest list, helped address the invites, and requested pedicures, pizza and a chocolate fountain, some fun games, and popcorn and a movie. I did my best to make it happen. And even allowed Kenna to open one present before the party. She had to have a new sleeping bag because princesses are now so passe. We are VERY excited!
The table set - slippers for a favor, spray bottles for a game, and donuts to take home and eat in the morning!
Once all the girls arrived (with bags, pillows, and presents), we headed over to a nearby nail salon were they all picked out a color and got either their hands or toes beautified. It was pretty cute seeing the salon filled with these little girls and they catered so well to them!
These are the girls and the finished product. I don't think it matters what age you are, it always feels good to be pampered. We piled into cars and went back home where the girls wasted no time getting into their pajamas. Then it was pizza time and the biggest hit - THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN. The girls loved it although we did have mishap - I turned it off thinking I would add new chocolate but turning it on again had chocolate spraying everywhere! There was some dirtiness but we suffered through.
Presents are always fun and Kenna got quite a few stuffed dogs - which she LOVES. Then we had a crazy hair contest. These girls have real skills - they were really into it and took their time making their partner look as crazy as possible.
We followed it up with spin the bottle where you painted every nail a different color and then it was popcorn and movie time although the girls were so hyper by that time that I don't think they saw much of the movie. With all this girl craziness happening at home, Mike took the boys to a hotel to swim - I think that was probably a smart move. We had a blast and were reminded how different hanging with a bunch of girls is over a bunch of boys.
1 comment:
You throw the best parties mama! Can you plan C's next birthday bash?
Post a Comment