Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!!!


After staying up much too late the night before (me), Mike and I awoke to the voices of children begging to come downstairs.  Max was doing his best to keep Kenna from looking over the balcony at all that lay below (not too successfully).  Running upstairs, we got everyone dressed, got the cameras ready, sang a Christmas song (Brett was less than happy about this), and headed downstairs to see whether or not Santa had found his way to our house.  And BOY DID HE!!  I always resolve that this year, we will be cutting back but somehow it never quite happens.

I love watching the pure excitement of our children Christmas morning - it makes me feel like a kid again - it's just magical!
Some of this year's favorite gifts were.... Max - all his football stuff, Kenna - her baby cradle and Fancy Nancy stuff, Brett - a big tent of his own and ELMO LIVE, Mimi - an I-phone! and the fun journal from my mom, Mike - tennis shoes and an I-phone docking station/clock thingy.

We enjoyed all the giving and getting, had a great brunch and later a traditional Christmas dinner, went swimming, napped, played games, and watched movies.  We had a great day as a family and were grateful to be able to spend a relaxing Christmas at home this year.  Someday we might be up for traveling again for Christmas day - but a few more Christmases at home sound good to me.

No comments: