Saturday, January 17, 2009

The price of quiet


Any mom with  young children knows that a few minutes of quiet to accomplish something she needs or wants to is a treasured thing.  The other day as I was straightening up the kitchen, I was enjoying the fact that my children were playing quietly somewhere else.  But I knew quiet meant they should be checked on and I found Brett in the bathtub with his clothes and shoes on and water up to his ankles (Kenna was happily watching the whole scenario).  So I stripped him down to his diaper, drained the tub, and told Kenna to make sure he didn't get in it again.  The seemed to be ok, so I ran to finish up another task - when I returned the next time - the were in the shower together in the above condition.  I know, I should have known better, but oh, to get a few things done.  Brett was not too thrilled about his condition, but Kenna was having a grand time lathering him up.  Needless to say, they both got baths and early pajamas AND I did not leave them alone for the rest of the night.  So leaving a 2-year-old under a 4-year-old's supervision is really just not a good idea.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

That picture is hilarious! I LOVE it! It makes me miss your crazy kids already!

ashlee said...

i love that you ran for the camera! good stuff!

allisonlaurel said...

That's hilarious! I love their expressions!

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

That is just too funny! I hear about the "quiet" time from a lot of mom's, and every time- it ends up disastrously funny! Good job in capturing such a moment!

Jenny said...

Mimi,
your kids are truly beautiful! What a sweet blessing to be getting another soon! Girl, I miss you and promise to keep in touch better! A goal of my is to keep up on my own blog postings and follow my friends! I love you and miss you. I was in Utah for a few days after Christmas but just wasn't able to do anything but family affairs. I sure wish I had been able to get together with you Israel girls! I want to be in touch more often than once a year! And good luck with your 4 year old babysitter...I sometimes have that same lack of judgement with my 5 year old! Come see me at mywildwestboys.blogspot. Love ya!
Jen Slothower West

Damon and Jodie said...

Love it! What a great picture! And Brett will enjoy teaching your new baby new things one day.

Tanya said...

OH, too funny. The other day I let Lars go at it with a marker and a stack of paper. I figured it was washable and what could he do to the table, right?