About a week after Cade's arrival, we celebrated our first June baby's birthday. Max turned 8!!!! I can't believe it - my mom (or someone) once told me, "The days are long, but the years are go by fast." It is so true, I can't believe how big my kids are getting. I look at baby Cade (who looks like Max in a lot of ways) and think about when Max was just tiny and used fall asleep on our chests. Now he loves basketball, snakes, monopoly, Sponge Bob (yuck!), and wrestling with his Brett, and knows so much about so many things. Thanks to my mom (hallelujah), we were able to give his birthday the attention it deserves and carry out all our birthday traditions (door decorating, candy gram, presents, his requested dinner) and even have a friend over to swim - (no small feat when you have only been home w/your newborn for a week).
(Presents always help bring out the sibling love)
For this birthday, the thing Max most wanted was a snake. He had previously thought he had enough for one and we went to the pet store to see how far his $ would go - unfortunately, it only allowed him to buy some of the equipment needed to house the snake. So...for his birthday he WANTED the rest of the stuff and the snake. I had run around the day before to get some things for his birthday, and he overheard me say that I had been at Target - he looked at me with a distraught look and said, "But Mom, didn't you go to the pet store?!" So cute. Anyway, to make a long story short, we did give him the snake stuff and the snake - he went with me that day to pick it out. His snake is officially named, "Snape Severus Keyser" - it is a garter snake and eats small fish several times a week. Max is ecstatic about it and loves showing off his new pet! Max also requested some NBA stuff (which his dad delivered on) and a Basketball cake - I did my best. Max had been looking forward to this day for so long and I think it all turned out well.
I love that he has been with us for 8 great years and am excited to see what this year holds for him.
And now, 8 things I love about Max:
1. He is so caring and aware of others feelings - it makes him a great friend, brother, and son
2. He loves accomplishing something and always shares his victories with us - love that!
3. He has developed a love for Basketball and has worked this year - shooting for hours outside - and it has really paid off
4. You can talk to Max about anything and he listens, shares thoughts and ideas with you, asks questions - it is just so fun!
5. He gets excited about things
6. He tries hard to do the right thing
7. He helps out so much (sometimes I think it must be tough to be the oldest - lots of responsibility)
8. He is just so smart, handsome, and good-natured
Happy Birthday Max! We love you!
I just had to include this funny picture of Brett. One tradition we have, is that the kids not having a birthday still get one present on their sibling's special day. Brett got these sunglasses along with a cool new plate. He is always trying ours on so I thought he needed some. They look hilarious on - and even flip open on the sides - what a cutie patoutie!
3 comments:
We love you Maxers! I need to see a picture of this Snape guy.
Happy Birthday Max!
What a great birthday boy! (and a great mom for celebrating it so well.) We love you, Max!
Post a Comment