For most of my married life, I have been involved in the Young Women's program (this is a wonderful church organization for girls 12-18). I have had the privilege of getting to know and work with and learn from so many wonderful young women. For the past 3 years, I have been what is known as the "president" of the program. This volunteer position has taken lots of time and energy but has brought so many blessings. I cannot even put into words how much I love all these girls! (Wish I had pictures of them all). With the birth of baby number 4 however, my time was up and I was released from my YW's calling. I have had mixed feelings about this change in my life - I am enjoying the time I now have to focus more on my family but am missing "my girls". They will ALWAYS be dear to my heart! Thank you for your examples, your testimonies of the Savior, your sparkling personalities, and your friendships. You are all wonderful!



1 comment:
Mimi, I know what you mean about finishing something that was so meaningful to you (and feeling the releif, but really missing it!). That's exactly how I felt when Brian and I both finished our lay directorships for our renewal program at church.
BTW - I just realized that you have "rainbow connection" on your blog which makes my posting from this morning even MORE special. Thank you for that!
Post a Comment