Monday, December 21, 2009
Christmas Picnic
Christmas is magical and sometimes in the busyness of everything, we forget to just slow down and enjoy that magic. Thank goodness for our activity advent, if an activity is assigned - well, it must happen. Tonight Mike worked late and we just felt like doing something a little different. So in addition to decorating our annual gingerbread house (I love how it's a different experience every year). We spread out blankets by the Christmas tree and had a picnic right there. I thought about watching a Christmas movie with the kids but they were having so much fun just playing the story game - the one where one person starts a story and then another person adds a bit, then another adds more and so on. I love it when they surprise me with their pleasure in simple things. We had such a fun time visiting, enjoying Cade - who is now sitting up and tried his first chew of pizza crust, and just anticipating Christmas. I love moments like this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment