Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry, Merry Christmas

Christmas Day!!! Is it more fun for the kids or the parents?  I sometimes wonder.  Our kids were wonderful and slept until at least 7:30, then as tradition dictates - everyone got dressed and ready. (I know, Mike thinks I am a nazi but growing up we had to be ready, beds made, rooms clean, set the table, make and eat breakfast before any of the gift festivities could begin.  So really I am pretty lax).  The kids were just as excited as ever - I think they found just as much joy in the other person's gift as in their own.  Kenna was absolutely thrilled with her doorbell for her bedroom (#1 on the Christmas list) and all her pretty outfits - I think she changed clothes at least 5 times, Max loved opening over 100 basketball cards and kept busy with his DS games, Brett - he played here and there but pretty much refused to do the present opening thing (if only I had known, I could have saved time and $$), and Cade was just as cute as they come eating and crumpling all that paper.  

This is Brett happily occupying himself with a box and a nativity set we have had around all month - the rest of us were opening presents and playing with our new things - absolutely no interest on his part.  Guess he already had all he needed.
  
Max and Kenna's big surprise was a trip to Utah with their dad to be taken in just 4 days - I am staying home with the little ones because we just don't really feel like doing the stomach flu thing this year.  We spent our day eating, opening presents, playing games and watching movies.  I love family time with no other obligations but our own - it feels like a marvelous break every now and again.

No comments: