Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Night in Bethlehem

It was crowded, noisy, I'm sure we were a little smelly, and food was in short supply - OK, that was our fault because we got to Bethlehem a bit late. But aren't those probably all qualities of the Bethlehem that Mary and Joseph found when they arrived? Our church Christmas party this year was a recreation of Bethlehem - so we all dressed up for the night - even Cade. Unfortunately Max had his first basketball game of the season so he and Mike couldn't join us. It made for an interesting evening - more kids than I could meet the needs of clamoring about me while we tried to squeeze ourselves onto a little spot on the floor with our wobbling plates and shaky cups (thank goodness for the help and kindness of others!). But the program and reenactment of the nativity was beautiful and the scenery amazing. Not quite like the real Bethlehem (oh how my heart yearns to return there) - but good enough for right now.

3 comments:

Rachel Hudgins said...

Meems! I love seeing all these pics of your family. I can't believe how they are growing up so fast. That pic of you guys in Mexico...it looks like Max is almost as tall as you. Crazy! I'm glad all is well for you. Miss ya!

Catherine said...

Oh no, you are already at your church Christmas party! I have a lot of posting to do to keep up. The race is still on!!
And I love the outfits. Good work at getting them dressed appropriately for a night in Bethlehem!!

ashlee said...

oh you are way better than me. without doug i would have bagged it! cute pictures!