Brett is 5! He has been waiting for this day and suddenly feels SO much bigger with the change in number - things he couldn't do before, he suddenly has the know how and confidence to do. We started the morning with the traditional decorated door (his candy gram was full of baked goods, chips, and cracker treats since he is anti-candy). He picked out his favorite mini-pancakes for breakfast and had to have an egg with them. Brett loves hard boiled eggs and has to have one in his lunch every preschool day or I hear about it :). This guy is so fun to celebrate with - he happily revels in just the thought that it's his birthday.
Today was swaps so he spent the morning with his friends while I got ready at home. He had requested a Buzz Lightyear cake - boy was a happy that Walmart had all the candles, sprinkles, and decorations in stock. He also asked for a new Toy Story 1 movie that is not scratched and a new Zurg guy without a broken arm. Not too tough when you are just replacing the old.
We went out for balloons in the afternoon, ate "white" ice cream, and played games while Cade napped. That evening he got all that he wished for and was surprised with a big batman fortress w/guys too! He is enamored with it - the only way we got him to bed was by putting it in his room with him. This boy is growing up so fast - I'm not sure that he or I are quite ready for all that it actually means. I'm proud of him but why are my babies getting so big? Sometimes you want to hold on forever.
Brett brings joy to our family - we lucked out with this guy.
5 Things I Love About Brett
1. He is a mama's boy through and through and always let's me know I come first
2. He is so dang funny - his faces, his voices, his funny phrases
3. He's got the moves - this guy loves his music & dancing and is serious about it!
4. He is so proud of his accomplishments - all of them that you can't help but be proud too
5. He has the most vivid imagination and is happy to bring little Cade along into his world
My heart bursts just thinking about this boy. I LOVE you Bubba Brett and am so glad you get to be 5 - Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment