Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sweets and Treats

Mike complained the other day that there was too many sweets in the house.  It's Christmas and isn't that part of how we celebrate - all those visions of sugarplums have to become some sort of reality. 
Max and Kenna had their holiday parties at school the other day.  Mike went to Kenna's because I had a dr's appointment but I did make it to Max's.  There was loud music, lots of inflatables, reindeer snacks, basketball, and freedom from the regular routine. While I was there Max said, "Mom, why do you keep going where I'm going?"  To which I replied, "I thought you wanted me to come and be with you at your party."  Max - "I don't want you to follow me, I just want you to take me home early!" Now I get it, just wish I had known that a little earlier.
We decorated our annual gingerbread house - this year Brett was really into it.  Maybe his aversion to candy eating made it easier for him to focus on actually using it to create.
My friend, Monica, made her traditional Christmas cupcakes and we were all more than happy to yum them up - so good.  And things wouldn't seem complete without Christmas sugar cookies and all that frosting.  Cade ate while we iced and in the end we had enough for us and a few for Santa.  I also whipped up countless batches of toffee and we got goodies from friends too.  Christmas is definitely a sweet season!

No comments: