Saturday, April 7, 2012

On the Hunt

This morning was our church Easter Egg Hunt and breakfast.  In order to pass off a Faith in God goal, I volunteered my kids to stuff all the eggs ahead of time.  They did help, but I learned this was more like volunteering myself.  We got things to the park bright and early, finished making our casserole, and headed out for some fun (in the hot sun).  I think my favorite part was when they let the kids lose to collect as many as the extra eggs as they wanted - what a mad dash!!  Of course Brett as not too thrilled about the candy but Cade was happy to take it off his hands.  
Later that day, Mike took us all over to see his new basketball gym, "The Mill".  It is impressive.  We all had a good time shooting, working out, and trying out the insanity workout - you should have seen Cade - he was following like a pro.  Whatever we do - it is more fun with our cousins.  We LOVE having them here!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

That is quite the gym! Cade can do insanity already? No wonder Mike has plans for that boy.

I love giant Easter egg hunts. They are so entertaining. I don't love that you had to do all the egg stuffing, but I do love that your boy Brett still isn't entertained by the idea of getting a ton of candy. That boy knows what he wants and will not be phased by peer pressure.