Once the kids enter the regular school system, big outings become almost a thing of past for them. So seeing as everyone would be home for President's day (sans Mike), we decided to head out to the Natural Science Museum to check out the butterfly exhibit. Brett and Kenna had both been talking about butterflies for weeks so I thought this might satiate their need to see some. Once we arrived downtown and entered the museum, I quickly realized that our numbers have now grown so big that getting a season pass is the only thing that makes sense (it is just a few $'s more than all of us going one time). We looked at all the creepy crawly insects, played in the beehive, admired the butterflies and splashed in puddles. We watched an I-MAX movie about sharks and even ventured into the main exhibit hall where Brett was mesmerized by the huge dinosaur skeletons. We kept trying to show him other dinosaurs and animals but he would run away and ALWAYS we found him at the base of the huge T-Rex just staring. I don't think I've ever seen that kid stand still for so long. We had a great time, even me - I think this is the first time I have ventured out somewhere big and crowded with all 4 kids and totally enjoyed it and enjoyed them! (too often it ends in disaster and just gets stressful) It made me think that maybe this is manageable - we can do things like this and 4 isn't too much. So hoping....
No comments:
Post a Comment