We had a very fun Valentine's playgroup scheduled at the church. I went thinking it would be a fun way for Brett to get into the celebration. For some reason, this boy FREAKS out when there is a crowd. His best friend was there, cookies, trains, candy, crafts, you name it - he still screamed for at least 30 minutes begging to go home and take a nap (which he hates). I figure at some point we need to learn to overcome this anxiety and after getting there, I didn't think turning around and hightailing it home was really the best option. So someone grabbed the baby, I grappled with Brett, and he FINALLY calmed down and actually enjoyed himself by the end. In fact he was having such a good time that he didn't want to leave and another screaming fit ensued but I am well practiced on getting out of places and all ended ok. Not sure about feeling the love that morning but at least I didn't lose it.
No comments:
Post a Comment