Monday, May 17, 2010

Field Day 1 & 2

Fun days at school are few and far between so when a day like field day comes around, I feel compelled to volunteer just so I can see a bit of the action.  There were class races (Hawaiian, ball balancing, etc) and other friendly competitions.  Max and his buddy Brody wandered around trying out their favorite events.  Luckily, in the 90 degree heat, I was assigned to man the water game so I kept cool and helped just about every 3rd grader do the same.

The next day, Kindergarten had their field day.  Same class races and such but these little guys are just so cute! Kenna paired up with her best friend Nyla who is over a head taller than Kenna.  They were supposed to walk with a beach ball smashed between their two bellies and they couldn't let it fall.  Well Nyla's belly was near Kenna's upper chest/neck - let's just say it was quite a challenge for them.  Kenna was then placed with a new partner and wandered through the different games.  I was busy manning tricycle races during this time and was caught a little off guard when I saw how comfortable Kenna seemed to be with her partner Troy.  Handholding, leaning her head on his shoulder, patiently waiting for him - could my brother terrorizing girl actually like boys?
  
From the look of things, the answer is yes!  We did a little more probing tonight and it looks like these 2 are an item.  Who knew it would already be starting?

No comments: