Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mom's Birthday

With the passing of my grandmother, everyone gathered to Utah to attend both the viewing and funeral.  While it may seem like a sad occasion, the reunion was quite joyous. I hadn't seen my brother or one of my sisters in 1 1/2 years - too long!  We knew my grandma was ready and even anxious to go so how could we not be happy for her?  As it happened, my mother's birthday was on the day of the viewing.  What a bittersweet time this was for her, but what I wonderful opportunity we had to celebrate her birthday together.  She is an amazing women - composed, graceful, wise, kind, and full of love - so like my grandmother.  It has been years since I have been with my mom on her birthday and as always, it was a treat to be with her. Happy Birthday Mom!  I so love you.

1 comment:

The Egglestons said...

You are so great! Hope you don't mind, but I am probably going to borrow some of your photos and post bits for my blog, too. Love you!