Our time in Utah has been relaxed and fun. The kids are at such a good age - suddenly we are more portable and each child can usually find something to entertain them where ever we go. On Saturday, we ventured out to Provo to enjoy our old Alma Mater. It was so nice to have Mike with us. The drive down the canyon was beautiful and while the kids weren't interested in hitting Sun Dance to soak in some nature, they were more than thrilled to spend time at the BYU bowling alley and arcade. Games that only cost $.25 were a little bit of heaven. I don't remember how the actual bowling turned out but Cade caused no injuries this time around (probably because he was more interested in air hockey). Tickets were turned in for goodies and Max and Kenna both thought of their younger siblings when making the exchange - love that! The bookstore was a treasure trove of wealth - shirts for some, a cougar for Kenna, the candy counter indulged in, books in the book nook, and the scariest of dinosaur puppets for Cade. It was one of those rare times when things turned out according to plan, there was little drama, and we enjoyed just being together.
On Sunday, Mike left us -flying back to Texas for work. Since we were already at the airport, we decided to venture over to temple square. It was a beautiful day but some of the magic from the previous day seemed to have worn off. All the walking was not to one's liking and when there was a meltdown because one little boy wanted to ride the escalator over and over by himself much to the chagrin of other visitors - we had to high-tail it out of there. Beautiful sights and so much to take in but we may need a few more years before we can really soak this place in.
Monday was cleaning day - packing and scrubbing, emptying the fridge, changing beds, I thought I would never get it done! After too much of that, we all needed a break. Luckily Park City has a great little park where we could take our lunch and stretch our legs. The sun soaked into our bodies and refreshed our minds and spirits. But there were still a few worries - Max lost his brand-new itouch somewhere in the PC house and Cade's precious blanket had been missing almost the entire trip. I searched for these two items for hours, wondering how they could have seemingly evaporated. The are both prized possessions and knowing we would be gone in a few hours - I felt sick leaving Utah without them. That morning I had uttered a prayer, "Heavenly Father, please just let me find one of these things. I would like to find them both but I will be ok with just one. Please!" And in my sleep deprived and frantic state it seemed like a big deal. Park time ended and we got in the car to meet Mike's mom who would be arriving in 20 minutes. While driving a thought came to me - "I stopped by the rec center the first day we were here and Cade was with me - could his blanket be...?" No my mind said but how could I not at least check. I went asked after this unique blanket which neither worker remembered having seen over the past 3 weeks but they went back to check just in case. And there it WAS!!!! If I had not stopped it would have surely be disposed of before December and why would I ever think to assume it was there at that point? A little miracle that caused much rejoicing in our little sphere of the world.
We finished our last full day in Utah at Grandy's. She invited cousins, we swam, barbecued, and enjoyed the blessings of family. I love that my kids have such good friend cousins. Having people love you and look forward to seeing just because you are linked in that family way is the greatest. So glad we get these opportunities happen even though we live so far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment