Just a quick update on my last post. The "Gunny man" thing is working wonderfully. We have only eaten up one thing and after an extra chore was done, the item was earned back. The kids have been great at picking up and now get out less stuff. I am loving it!
So...I've been tagged again -
It takes me forever to get to these but KT here it is.....
What were you doing 10 years ago? As I recall, 10 years ago I was taking 18 credit hours & gearing up for another set of finals at BYU. I was also planning on heading to Hawaii to take a spring semester at BYU Hawaii with my friend Cherisse. But I was also falling in love with Mike K., and due to the fact that he would head out in DC forever once July came, I ended up deciding to forgo my semester in Hawaii. I hurried and registered for spring semester in Provo, found some housing, and figured out a few months later exactly where the relationship was going. As you can tell from our life now - it was worth it! I did end up using my tickets to Hawaii later that summer and spent two fabulous weeks there. I think I'm ready to visit again.
What were you doing 1 year ago? Finally adjusting to life with 3 kiddos, keeping busy with the church youth program, running my kids to tennis, swimming, and gymnastics, and making to do lists that I could never quite get to the bottom of. Hmmm... pretty much the same thing I am doing right now. I guess life hasn't changed all that much - the kids are just bigger and I am a little older.
Five snacks you enjoy: Swedish Gummy fish, Muddy Buddies (sometimes called puppy chow), M&M's, icecream, Yogurt with granola
5 Things I would do if I was a millionaire: 1. Take a vacation 2. Put away $ for retirement 3. Invest it 4. Make charitable donations 5. Hire a chef
5 Bad Habits - 1. I'm always late! 2. procrastinating 3. letting clutter accumulate 4. Spending too much time on the computer 5. Buying things I don't need just because I found a great deal
5 things you like doing? 1. Reading 2. Traveling 3. Getting Pedicures 4. Shopping all by myself (sans kids) 5. Catching up with girlfriends
5 things you would never wear again: 1. Stir-up pants 2. Overalls 3. Huge bangs 4. High-waisted pants 5. My dad's clothes (I used to raid his closet all the time in 7th grade. It used to be the bigger the better - what was I thinking??)
5 Favorite Toys - 1. Computer 2. DVR/TV 3. Camera 4. My kitchen sweeper 5. the Elliptical machine
4 comments:
I love the part about what you would never where again! I still wonder if some of those items (i.e. stirrup pants) will attempt a come back, but I don't think that I will attempt to ever pull it off again! I have, actually, wondered recently about Dad's feelings towards us always raiding his closet. Perhaps it's due to Genevieve always wanting to wear my clothes. However, I think it's different for a teenager to do so and a toddler to try to do such. I'm sure we looked pretty ridiculous. Oh well, that's part of growing up, right?!
So, those high waisted pants (and skirts) are back and actually they are really cute. That is cute on the tall, skinny models in the magazines. Not so sure how they would look on me, but I still may have to try a pair. But with you on NEVER putting on stirrup pants or overalls. And, yes, of course you can stay here on Wed night. We don't have a "guest bedroom" but I do have a bed I can set up and it will be great!
I can't believe that it has been 10 years since you visited me in Hawaii. Time sure flies. Well, it is a lot of fun reading your blog. I am trying to start one. I will send you the link when I am ready. Take care. Are you coming to Cali this summer? Le me know.
Thanks for the ideas on helping Kyler get acquainted with his family in California. I will definitely try those out. I love your tag responses. We have a lot of similarities. Also- what tune does the Gunny Man song go too??
Post a Comment