Could it be that I finally have a child that wants to help clean up? The other day, Brett saw the broom, picked it up, and went right over to his highchair (where the mess always is) and started moving the broom around. I always love seeing how my kids imitate me and just what they pick up on. Anyway, Brett always ends up throwing 1/2 his food on the floor and it seems like I am sweeping up (and mopping) endlessly. It's nice to know he has noticed this and maybe realizes just a tiny bit what his being a mess maker entails. I wonder, is it too early to institute the "you make the mess, you clean up that mess" rule with him? I only wish... But regardless, I love this little guy. He just melts my heart.
8 comments:
Too funny. Lars LOVES the broom and vacuum hose as well. He likes to "help". I posted a pic last night on my blog of the same thing. How was Chicago?
This is great that Brett is already such a great helper! Can you believe how fast the Chicago trip went. I am sad it is already over, but we had a great time with you guys! I am taking notes on the cute ideas you have with your family- fancy dinner nights for good reports, teaching them to clean at a such a young age, marshmallow guns! What great ideas!!
We find that poodles are even more efficient than brooms and vacuums. Ours has only gained 6 pounds since Maggie started eating in the high chair! We have her trained to sit and wait until we say, "Java, clean-up on isle two!" Then, she comes running to the high chair to eat all the thrown food.
Your kids are getting too big. I can't believe how fast time goes by. It isn't enough to see them on holidays and I didn't even see you this last Christmas. Good thing you have a blog so I know they even exist. You all look fabulous!
I love Mama's little helpers!! Kate loves it when I get the broom out...not because she wants to help clean...but because she wants the left over Cheerios that I am sweeping up. It grosses me out. I am trying to be strategic and fast, but she usually manages to get one dirty Cheerio in her mouth. I guess the extra protein won't hurt :)
So cute! Addyson loves the swiffer vac. I hope he always wants to help you clean up!
Mimi he is so cute! But it looks like you beat him to all the cleaning...there's not much left to do! :)
Brett is such a cutie! Jack LOVES the broom, too. He gets so mad when he can't drag it across the carpet as easily as the kitchen floor. Will we see you in June at Ali's wedding?
Post a Comment