Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day to a great Dad and husband!

Today we went around the table and the kids shared what they liked about Dad: 1. He lets us stay up late and watch basketball 2. He takes us golfing 3. He holds me when I am cold 4. He spends time with us.

Mike is into golfing lately, so we gave him a kidless round of golf on Saturday. Then on Sunday, the kids and I made a golf course cake for him. We were pretty proud of our effort and it even tasted good too! (We found this idea in an old edition of FamilyFun)


And of course I adore Mike and think he is a marvelous dad. Some reasons why he is a great Dad: 1. He changes diapers 2. He takes turns getting up with kids at night 3. Rarely travels 4. He loves playing with our kids 5. Does dishes 6. Keeps our finances in check 7. Makes sure we have a date night once a week 8. Always comes up with something fun to do 9.He's funny 10.Backs me up 11.Loves and tries to emulate his father 12.Likes to vacation 13. Cuts my boys' hair 14.Runs my last minute errands 15. He's great at surprises 16. Doesn't stress about the little things 17. Honors his Priesthood 18. He gets me 19. He loves his family 20. He makes our home a much better place to be. We love you!

5 comments:

Angie said...

I love the cake! Mike is a great dad...I loved your list. Especially #18. Everyone needs that!

Jenn Knight said...

Great post. I'm so impressed with the cake! Wow. It's like professional! :)

RSP said...

I love the golf cake! That is so cute and creative. I think I might have to try it sometime.

Kate said...

that cake rocks!!! I need to get the directions from you. Travis would LOVE that. His b-day is July 23rd, so I'll be bugging you about it. :)
It was fun to read about Mike b/c I don't know him at all! That's so weird to me that I don't.

The Egglestons said...

Who couldn't love Mike after reading this? Thanks so much for sharing. I love the pictures and comments. What a great husband and dad!