Friday, March 13, 2009

Atama Pimon

In Japanese, atama pimon literally translates to pepper head. Peppers are hollow - so a pepper head is really an airhead and lately that's me.
Being pregnant and chasing after other kids, I find myself tired quite a lot and often lack motivation to do anything above the normal has to be done stuff. So I finally decided one day - I WAS going to be more productive and get a few things sorted through, mailed out, etc. In order to do this, I had to follow the kids around w/my stuff - front yard, back yard, etc. - no big deal. Well, that night as I was going to sleep, I mentioned to Mike that I wasn't sure where I had left my phone but really wasn't too worried - I figured I'd call it in the morning and find it. Well, I called and called and nothing. So I searched and still NOTHING! Mike did the same thing the next day and we still couldn't locate that darn phone. I figured it would eventually turn up but when it had been almost a week w/no luck - I started to think Brett may have thrown it in the trash and it was long gone in a dump somewhere. Quite depressing, since this would be the 3rd phone I went through since last July. I decided if it wasn't found by the next day -I would just have to face the music and go get a new phone.
Funny thing - that very night after we got home from soccer practice, there was a message on the phone from my friend Ann. I had successfully gotten a birthday package off to her and she called to thank me and to let me know there was AN I-PHONE IN HER PACKAGE! I know, I am quite generous with birthdays. Who does that??? Who sticks their phone in a package and sends it across the country? I have to admit, even though it is embarrassing - and really quite funny - I was just relieved to know it was somewhere and I wasn't losing my mind - well, maybe I am, but anyway... Definitely an atama pimon moment (can I blame it on pregnancy, advancing age, or just mommy madness?). Ann was kind enough to send the phone back and it is nice to feel a bit more connected to the world once again. I still can't believe I sent my phone off - not something I'll forget soon - but definitely gave us all a good laugh!

5 comments:

Mindi said...

That is hilarious!!

Ryan and Lisa said...

So funny Mimi!

Kelly and Dane Valatka said...

That is just too funny! Sounds like something me or my mom would do. We are always loosing things, and they always turn up in the strangest places. Though shipping it cross country...that's a first, for sure. Too funny! Thanks for sharing.

The Egglestons said...

I can see myself doing that! Glad you found it!

The Pack's said...

Mimi, that is so funny. I'm glad you hadn't gone out and replaced it yet. If it had been me I would have already replaced it and ended up with two phones. Hope you are doing well.