Monday, March 9, 2009

Primary Talent Show

Every year our church primary (the kids' organization) has an annual talent show. It really is an amateur hour - thank goodness because while I adore my children - we aren't wowing anyone with our extraordinary abilities yet. A few days before this year's show, I asked the kids what they wanted do. Now that Max is taking piano lessons, he decided to share a piano piece. Kenna quickly informed me that she would hula hoop. "Really? Do you know how to do that?" - my immediate response. She assured me that she would practice and be fine. Sure enough, she did practice - some great spinning of the hoop as she released it from her hands until it settled on the ground. I have to say, it is rare to see hula hooping with absolutely no hip movement - but she was determined and confident and got out there and performed like a champ. So did Max - no matter what, it is a confidence builder and just to have the guts to go out there impresses me.