Monday, April 6, 2009

April Fools

We didn't get too wild and crazy this April Fools but I had to try a few little tricks out on the kids. Unfortunately most of them went pretty much unnoticed so next year I'll have to turn it up a notch. I love Family Fun magazine, they had some pretty doable pranks - in the morning, I blew up a few balloons but instead of knotting them, I closed their doors on the ends of the balloons (which pinched the balloons closed). That way, when they opened their doors that morning, the balloons went flying.

Then when Max wanted cereal that morning, I first put blue dye in the bowl and then covered it with his cereal. Then I poured the milk right in front of him (it went in white but then began turning blue in his bowl - pretty cool thought). Max didn't mention a thing about the blue milk so I ended up asking - "Max, is there anything different about your cereal?"
Max - "No, mom - it's fine." Me - "What about all that blue?"Max - "That's because you put yogurt in my cereal."
Me - ????? "There's no yogurt in cereal - that's the milk - April Fools! Get it??"
Guess in my home, what is supposed to seem out of the ordinary just seems ordinary - go figure.

No comments: