Monday, April 27, 2009
This Little Life
No matter how many times I've done this, watching my stomach rise and fall as this little one drags his foot across my belly; feeling the constant rhythmic pokes and bumps as he moves inside of me - everytime it is amazing. Knowing that while I continue my everyday life, a little one continues to grow and dwell inside of me - it is too big for words. As the days go on, I grow more and more uncomfortable, crave sleep, and find myself looking forward to the day he is finally out, but at the same time, I realize this is probably the last time I will have a little miracle inside of me. And I find myself wondering, what will he be like - what dynamic will he add to our family, how will his personality be different from the others, will we feel complete? The answers to these questions will come over time. For now, I am doing my best to enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy and appreciate the ability I have to be part of this wonderful process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't think I've seen a single pregnant belly in all of your pictures! Where is it? Some of us don't get to see you in person!
So true...where are those prego pictures. There is nothing more beautiful than a baby belly.
Love your thoughts Mimi! It IS so wondrous!
I felt the same way. What a mix of emotions entangled with your last pregnancy. So, what's the name of this little boy going to be? I'm so excited for you, but, not envious. 3 is quite enough for me!!! :) I think 4 would definitely push me over the edge!
Post a Comment