Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wizard of Oz

For months Kenna has been begging to go to The Wizard of Oz play - I think she has known about it since February and waiting 2 whole months for a 5-year-old seems like an eternity. Well, finally, the special night arrived - Kenna took her nap, picked out her clothes, and we were off. She was delighted that Toto was a REAL doggy and loved knowing that she was up much later than her 2 brothers. During the 1st half, her fidgeting made me a bit nervous and I wondered if we would make it through the performance, but after a bag of M&M's and some water - she was totally enthralled. As we were leaving, she told me that everyone was really good (I thought so too - it was quite the performance!) Now she is determined to go to Mary Poppins - looks like we'll be having another theater date in October...

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Lucky girl! Can I join you in October for Mary Poppins? I hear it's great!

natalie palmer said...

aw, i love plays with my mom. what fun!

Eevi said...

What a fun mother-daughter date:) This is why every mom needs a daughter.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go! I heard it was great!
Mary Poppins...We'll have to plan for that one.

Jason.Ashley.Kyler.Camden said...

What a fun night! Just like we were talking about last week- girls always have fun things to go do! I'm going to be stuck at Monster trucks or something with my boys:):) But I will love every minute because I know they will be and thats all that matters!!