A couple of Sundays ago, Mike was out of town and I wasn't up to doing the whole Sunday dinner thing without him so instead the kids and I decided to pack a picnic and head up to see the bluebells after church. It was WONDERFUL! The bluebonnets were in full bloom and it was breathtaking to see fields and fields full of them as we were driving to our destination. It literally looked like we were passing through seas of bluebells. It was gorgeous - I couldn't help but be appreciative of this beautiful, wonderful world Heavenly Father has created for us.
Max declared it the greatest picnic place ever (even he was amazed by all the flowers). We feasted on a bit of everything and since the bluebonnets are by the famous Blue Bell Ice cream Factory, we even had a bit of ice cream on our picnic too - thank goodness for good coolers. The kids had a blast just running through the fields of blue and playing with each other (no fighting or bickering!). As I enjoyed my children, the beautiful day and scenery, I couldn't help but think, "Oh, What a wonderful world!"
7 comments:
what perfect pictures! you could enter some of those into a contest! and you are giving my mom so many more painting projects! i'm still waiting for iowa to spring out of its drab gray color. blagh, its everywhere. i'm glad you are enjoying the beautiful world though! we love you guys!
These are some of the sweetest photos of your kids. I love the picnic idea and in such a gorgeous setting. I am glad that you were able to go enjoy such a beautiful day!
What darling pictures! They remind me of the Primary song, "I often go walking in meadows of clover, and I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue......dear mother, all flowers remind me of you." You're an awesome mom, Mimi, and I love you. I'm glad you took time to smell the flowers:)I know it's not easy with all you have to do.
Mom K.
These are such great pictures! I especially love the last one of Max and Kenna cuddling. So sweet! What a fun picnic - you are such a fun mom to think of it. And I could use some of that yummy ice cream myself :)
What a wonderful moment to share with your kids. I love the pictures you took. They are gorgeous!!! I love fields of flowers that are in full bloom. We definitely live in a WONDERFUL WORLD! Next time you are in town we need to try and see each other. It has been way too long.
Great job at capturing such sweet moments. All the photos are awesome! Those will be keepers, and should be framed!
These pictures make me miss Texas...I forgot how beautiful the bluebonnets are. Especially with your cute kids among them :)
Post a Comment