So I have been trying to slow down and enjoy the moment just a little more. Kenna suggested we have a teaparty this afternoon (just after she'd purchased a new dress and necklace). She said it was going to be "so fancy" and even put hair bows on her socks for the occassion - I think she was inspired by her beloved book, "Fancy Nancy". I was to wear a purple swirl dress, gold shoes, and a sparkly necklace (sorry no picture), and Max suited up for the occassion too. There were several spilled cups of tea, mom broke the sugar bowl, and Brett kept climbing up on a chair in hopes of grabbing something off the table. But we tried to be fancy - we raised our pinkies; enjoyed pretzels, fruit, and dip; and tried to talk nicely. It made the day seem a little more special and I think we were all glad for a break from the norm.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Enjoying the moment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to be an awesome mom! We all love Fancy Nancy at our house - Do you like the pinkalicious and Olivia or Eloise books? They are perfect for the little precocious(how do you spell that?) girls.
I love how fancy your kids are!
Post a Comment