Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Day of Preschool

Today was Kenna's last day of preschool in the 3-year-old class. While we'll be returning next year for one more year, it is always sad to say goodbye. She had such great teachers this year - she never complained about going and always came home happy with lots of news to share about her day. A big improvement over last year's "I don't know" response when asked what she did at school.

Kenna started the day with a wonderfully messy project - shaving cream with paint mixed in it! (I don't think I'll be trying this one at home.) Then they had a pizza party lunch and movies instead of nap time! Kenna said everyone loved it.


Kenna gave her teachers these fun jars of gumballs along with gift cards. I stole the idea from another blog and thought they turned out so cute! We'll be making a few for Max to give away next week.

Kenna's teachers this year were Miss Patty and Miss Donna - they just exuded love. It has been a wonderful year.

4 comments:

Kate said...

wow, they have nap time at her pre-school? How long does she go? Sydney is sad not to be at school right now. According to her I'm very boring. Monday, when the ear infections are all cleared up we're headed to our pool for the rest of the summer. :) Hopefully Mommy won't be so boring then!

Megan and Mike said...

of course your children are beautiful! I can't believe how big they are all getting. (probably not what you want to hear) And I can't believe you still have yet to meet Mike, that is crazy....and kind of sad. But I'm glad to hear that you have believed me. I hope you are all healthy and happy and hopefully we will see you at Ali's wedding!

Makell said...

Hey - thanks for the great teacher gift idea - Love it!

Catherine said...

Very cute jars and that goey stuff looks awesome that Kenna is playing with. Do you think she can bring some to ID to keep Jon entertained? I know she LOVES Jon...since she wouldn't talk to him all of Christmas break...