Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boys, Boys, and another Boy!


These are the pictures of the little guy we affectionately call "Baby Dude" (I'm sure one day he'll love knowing I posted his "privates" for all to see). We've known for several weeks that we were having another boy but I sat on the info for a little while. I have to say that deep down I knew, but still I find myself wondering how 2 people who came from families of mostly girls, end up with mostly boys. I am thinking I really need to enjoy my time working with the girls in Young Womens, because with 3 boys - I am more than likely to get pulled into this scouting thing someday :{

This is a picture of Kenna not long after we discovered the news - she is starting to dress up everything (even male stuffed animals) as girls. I think this is her way of coping with things. She did reassure me that next time I had a baby, I could have a girl - I unfortunately had to let her know that no more babies were going to be coming - so it's just Kenna and me. We'll make do and look forward to another busy boy!

7 comments:

Mindi said...

I think its weird that everyone in the family with 4 kids has 3 boys and one girl. Abby cried when she found out she was getting another brother. And I agree Enjoy YoungWomen- I am already started into scouts- its a whole different ballgame.

Tanya said...

I can't believe you kept it secret...oh, the anticipation. Anyway, you will have fun with all those boys. But you and Kenna and Maili and I will have to have a real girl's trip someday and leave all the boys home. Oh, I am dreading the day I get into scouts, but I shouldn't say that because I knoew it's coming. Thanks for letting me talk to Mike for so long and hope we didn't interrupt your Academy viewing.

jordan said...

Congratulations!!!! You will have so much fun with all those boys!!! It seems like families we know have mostly one gender or the other (I guess that's why Jason is preparing himself for another girl right now when he would love to have another boy!) I'll call you later today - we need to catch up!
We're excited for you guys!!!

Kate said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! Boy it up for me....we're alllll girls here. :)

Jenn Knight said...

Mimi! I haven't been on here forever... congrats!! This is great news! When are you due?

The Brett post about him getting into your wedding rings made me chuckle. Sounds like my Max. Too funny.

I need to come back soon and catch up. Right now, I need to go to bed. :) Congrats, again!

KatieMartin said...

I think you're being blessed with another boy because Kenna seems to be girl-enough for one family! Another girl would just throw off the balance.
Congratulations! I have always said that there is no greater charge than to bring good men into this world. You have been chosen for a reason. (and when you feel you just can't take another day of lost rings or rats in the pool keep in mind that the Lord doesn't choose the qualified; He qualifies the CHOSEN!)
Much love - Katie

Jenny said...

Mimi, Mimi, Mimi...count your blessings for your one sweet girl! We tried over and over...Ryan is definitely done with 4 boys...I am mostly too. (except when I see the most adorable little girl outfits!) Love you...hope all is well! Jen Slothower West