Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Parties

One of the best things about Valentine's Day is the Valentine parties. Kenna's school has a strict rule about no candy on their party day so we found some cute I Spy cards with magnifying glasses, as well as some Cars and Barbie stamp and coloring cards (yeah for Target's last year clearance!). Kenna was so excited to put everything together for her friends and meticulously wrote out everyone's name.
Her party consisted of ice cream w/toppings, opening cards, and a Valentine craft - perfect for our project girl. I also did my best to give her a Valentine themed lunch - I've found when I cookie cutter off the crusts of the bread, Kenna actually eats her sandwich!

Max's party was the next day so he and I spent some time putting together this boyishly appropriate Valentines (we found the idea in FamilyFun magazine - gotta love it). The jerky proved to be a big treat and the kids thought it was pretty funny.
(above picture - Max & Travis; this picture - Max, Jackson, & Hussein)
Max is gone for so much of the day that it is always fun to visit his classroom and see the world that he spends 8 hours a day in. His class is filled with boys and quite rowdy but as long as they stay out of trouble they seem to have a good time.

No comments: