Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

On Valentine's Eve - the kids received 3 packages in the mail and couldn't have been more thrilled. Cousin Colton sent some great dum-dum sucker valentines, Grandma Smith sent some fun shirts and candy, and Grandy sent a new movie! My kids love getting fun mail (come to think of it - so do I). Our Valentine's Day started early with an 8am soccer game so we didn't even attempt to do the Valentine thing until after that (and after a basketball game). I did however, make these cute heart treats for breakfast - not really breakfast food but if you can eat donuts for breakfast - you can eat Twinkies too, right??
Later in the day, the kids opened presents and candy from us.  Kenna got Barbie dress up cards, Max got a watch, and Brett got a new ball - personally, I think they had more fun opening the gifts then they have had with the actual gifts - oh well.  
And then my Valentine brought home a dozen beautiful roses for me (a surprise since I thought our AZ weekend was our Valentine's) - he even had a special rose for Kenna.  She was delighted and immediately put it in a special vase and placed in her room - she talked about it for the rest of the day and even picked a few flower friends from the lawn (weeds) to keep it company.  I could learn a thing or two from her about showing appreciation.  Mike and I ended the day with a dinner out which is always nice.  A busy day filled with people I love - just as it should be :)

No comments: