Once again, off to somewhere and I'm buckling Brett in the car and hollering for Kenna to get her shoes on and get buckled. She does just that and as we begin to drive points out to me, "Mom, this shoes are kind of clink-clank shoes. That's why I like them." I had never heard her use that term before but thought it made sense and pointed out to her that her fancy gold sandals were also clip-clop shoes and of course she realized that all her princess dress-up shoes go clip-clop as well - thus, all these shoes are her favorites. Then she says, "Mom, all my shoes are prettier than all your shoes except one."
Me - "Really?"
Kenna - "Yeah, your shoes that are sparkly and are the color of my skin." (I know, the description sounds beautiful but I figured out which one's she was talking about.)
I have to say, I love rides in the car sometimes - just for the insights it gives you into what is going on in those little minds.
Oh, and one more funny thing about Kenna's "clink-clank" shoes - in my closet I have a shoe rack that I put my high heeled shoes on. And despite putting Kenna's shoes in her room time after time - I keep finding her gold clink-clank and some feathery purple clip-clops on my shoe rack nicely placed among all my other shoes. During the same car ride, I asked her about this and well, she puts them there because they are "fancy". Mystery solved - guess I'll just let them stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment