This morning I had to run to the city to pick up some items for an upcoming baby shower I am helping with. Two of the boys were busy with camps so that left Kenna, Cade and I to run errands. We got what we needed and decided to treat ourselves with some "Sprinkles" cupcakes. On the way in we had driven by the water wall (which I have never visited) and Kenna suggested we eat our cupcakes there. With a bit of time on our hands, we parked the car and got out. It was an amazing sight! The power of all that water pounding down, mist showering your body - it was captivating and somewhat magical. The kids ran and danced and looked on in wonder as their sweaty bodies cooled under the droplets.
Right by the wall, was a green area where we plopped ourselves down and enjoyed our purchased yumminess. And joy upon joy, there were pigeons and squirrels everywhere! Cade chased them, shared his train with a squirrel, and helped us toss crumbs from my purse to our new little friends. It was delightful, carefree, and joyful. We were in the moment - nothing was planned, nothing was crucial - maybe that's what made it feel so perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment