Friday, August 8, 2008

The 4th of July

I love the 4th of July - the parades, the patriotic music, Popsicles, fireworks, and all that red, white, and blue. I feel so blessed to live in this country despite its problems. I have traveled to many places around the world, and while I love experiencing new places and new things, I am always happy to come home to America. There is no where I'd rather live.

Just prior to the 4th, we participated in our neighborhood bike parade - the kids loved their Popsicle breakfasts and the annual fire hose spray down.

Once in Utah, Kenna and I hit the Park City parade and festival. It was seriously a mad house but how could we miss it? At the festival, Kenna was determined to get her face painted so we waited in line for 40 minutes until it was finally her turn. After all that waiting, Kenna changed her mind at the last minute - I, however, had not changed mine. I sat her on my lap, told her she WOULD get her face painted - and it all resulted in a very nice butterfly.

That evening we joined Mike's family for swimming, food, and fireworks. The kids ran around with their cousins and had a ball - they were so excited to be reunited. This was the first 4th we really spent with family and it was so nice.

No comments: