Sunday, August 24, 2008

Last week of "Summer"


When we began the summer, the kids and I made of list of things we wanted to do before it was all over. Well, all too soon it was ending and so we had to cram it in. We had a wonderful last week of summer and enjoyed it all the more knowing that our (somewhat) carefree lifestyle was soon to change. We went to the park (and to soccer practice), to the jumpy inflatable place, tried bowling, went to the Children's Museum...

They have the cutest little Mexican village in once section where the kids can shop, make shoes, drive an old van with chickens on top, cook and clean in their house, and even attend school. I loved watching the kids there - they had such a great time pretending. Not so sure how they would do if it was all real.

We also watched baby chicks, experimented with cups and weights, milked fake cows, learned how to keep the earth clean, grocery shopped, drove cars, and even saw a really creepy monster squirrel (sometimes an adult in an animal costume doesn't quite work).

A few days later we were off to the Space Center...

There is a huge ball pit, slide, everything play area there that we could honestly spend all day in. But we Kenna and Maxed tried out the bungi jumps, we checked out all the old spacecrafts and artifacts from each mission, explored a space station, launched rockets, checked our weight on different planets, and more.

And while it sounds like we were super busy, there were a couple of days when we stayed in our pajamas until 2pm and just doing stuff at home and worrying about very little. Summer, we will miss you!

4 comments:

Makell said...

I LOVE the children's museums with all of the real life stuff like play stores/homes/hospitals. I feel like a 7 year old when I'm in there :) Looks like you were a fun mom this summer to get the kids out so much. I have to admit I'm loving the peace and quiet during the day though now with school here!

ashlee said...

ah. i love a good children's museum. what fun!

Kate said...

How fun!! The space museum sounds so cool!

Catherine said...

I want to spend summer with you. It looks like a lot more fun than moving and moving for summer vacation.