Mother's Day - at our home it is a day off from my usual chores. I have extra time to get ready, to maybe nap, read, and can just enjoy my kids for who they are without worrying as much about everything that needs to be done. Yes, I look forward to it every year. I have been blessed with 4 wonderful children who are often rambunctious, who like to tease and even irritate, who don't love chores, but who love each other, are good kids with good hearts, who try hard, and bring me greater joy than I could ever imagine.
“Making the decision to have a child is
momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside
your body.” - Elizabeth Stone
Everyday I watch my heart walk around in 4 different directions hoping that through it all, each child will be alright, know that they are loved, and be happy.
Mike orchestrated the day, making breakfast, dinner, dressing the kids for church and helping with the presents. The kids got creative too. Cade made sure I had the necessities, Kenna put together her own gift complete with a bracelet, necklace, lip balm, bandanna, coupons for breakfast in bed, and a sweet puppy card. Those well thought out gifts always mean the most.
I also received some fun shoes, a citrus juicer, and new outfit. Life is good. My kids were still my kids - crazy as always but I love them busyness and all. Thanks Mike, Max, Kenna, Brett, and Cade for a great Mother's Day!
1 comment:
Sounds like a dreamy day! I think there should be at least two Mother's Days each year.
Post a Comment